If the decision is definite, the staff at The Greens can markedly raise the comfort level of the incoming resident and the family before the move by arranging a lunch visit, attendance at programs and a tour of similar apartments to show how they can be furnished.
In addition we will provide for a Move Manager adviser to come to your home to help determine which furniture and other belongings can comfortably fit in the new apartment and advise how to dispose of any surplus.
If the decision is tentative, it is often helpful for the prospective resident to take some of these steps to gain more familiarity with The Greens and the residents:
- Attend lectures and other community events at The Greens.
- Take part in specific programs or activities.
- Have some meals in the dining room.
- Meet some of the residents.
- Participate in the day program.
- Try a respite stay.
- Move into a furnished apartment on a trial basis.