After surgery, injury, or illness, our rehabilitation center provides the physical and emotional support needed to help you achieve optimum quality of life and return to your previous lifestyle.
Some of the many problems our rehabilitation services address are chronic and acute pain, edema (swelling), contractions of muscles and tendons, wound healing, falls, and loss of balance.
Our Accelerated Care rehabilitation is a comprehensive program that takes advantage of advanced techniques such as shortwave diathermy, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, infrared therapy, and the Omnicycle™, a therapeutic exercise cycle.
Therapy services offered at Wilton Meadows Rehabilitation and Health Care Center include:
- Mobility services
- Assistance with devices or adaptation in performing daily tasks
- Therapeutic exercises to improve range of motion and to improve swallowing and communication
- Heat/cold treatments for pain relief
- Training in independent community living skills
- Lymphedema therapy to treat localized swelling due to fluid retention secondary to a compromised lymphatic system. Our skilled therapists are trained in a non-invasive treatment that consists of:
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Compression bandaging and garments
- Skin care
Conditions that benefit from rehabilitation at Wilton Meadows include:
- Hip, knee, and back surgery
- Stroke and other neurological conditions
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cardiovascular or neuromuscular disorders
- Fractures and soft tissue conditions