Activities & Resident Engagement
Opportunities For Socialization, Entertainment and Engaging the mind.
- Join fellow residents in discussion groups, including weekly news discussions and our Retired Nurses Group led by our SALSA Stacy Carney
- Attend arts and crafts sessions and painting classes
- Participate in monthly themed days with themed activities like our Luau Day and Casino Day
- Play poker and Rummikub in our Game Room
- Exercise your brain with Scrabble, trivia, and daily morning word games
- Attend on-site religious services such as bi-weekly Catholic Mass and visits with a local Rabbi
- Enjoy afternoon refreshments and tea parties, summer ice cream socials, and happy hour at our Tavern at The Greens
We believe that learning does not stop after one’s school years; learning new skills and obtaining knowledge is a lifetime experience we encourage our residents to pursue. Some of these lifelong learning focused activities include:
- History and music lectures
- Monthly horticulture presentations
- Instructor led art classes
- Jewelry-making classes
- Televised documentaries on subjects such as art, science, and history
In addition, many activities are built around exercise. Enhanced Fitness and Chair Yoga are two on-site activities led by local YMCA instructors. Ridgefield Visiting Nurses holds a twice weekly Wellness Program focusing on a physical therapists centered exercise class. Other physical activities include relaxing walks around the manicured pathways of the campus and indoor games, such as Balloon Badminton.
Our recreation department is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents through our daily programming. We are constantly adding new activities and entertainment to ensure our residents are happy and engaged.
Our transportation department is dedicated to enhancing the lives of our residents by providing transportation to personal care and medical appointments, under the direction of our nursing staff. When available, our transportation department can accommodate individual trips for resident errands, such as trips to the bank or drugstore.
Greens at Cannondale Activity Calendars
Want to know more?
Check out our recent activity calendars to see what’s happening at The Greens this month:
Check back to see our upcoming events calendars